The primary responsibility of this position is the purchasing and control of raw materials in the support of Sales, Production and Inventory objectives. This person will assume responsibility for purchasing of critical raw materials, kitting requirements and packaging supplies.
- Analyze, plan and issue purchase & job orders to meet forecasted demand plans, within a third party, subcontract supplier environment per approved forecast or purchase requisition. Make inventory purchases independently up to $10,000 spending limit.
- An ability to adjust purchasing needs based on actual performance against forecast, current and/or past utilization trends.
- Notify Sr. Supply Chain Planner of substantial inconsistencies observed between Approved Forecast and actual utilization.
- Ensure orders are confirmed and on schedule from the supplier, expediting as necessary to prevent stock outages.
- Setup suppliers and initial procurement for new product launches.
- Create new parts and standard costs based on quotes.
- Update and maintain boms.
- Envelope pack production planning. Create job orders and labor plan.
- Material control KPI’s
- Ensure product inventory is balanced across multiple plants to meet customer demand, adjusting as necessary when production parts move between plants.
- Check and approve invoices and update Finance via Purchase Order log.
- Actively manage disposition of slow moving & obsolete inventories, managing RTV’s for both material non-conformances and routine supply returns and SMOS.
- RTV invoice reconciliation for Finance.
- DPI inventory control: audit, transactions, support.
- Consumption: end of month, automation, dev tickets
- Resolve discrepancies between purchase order commitment and receiving or billing amounts.
- Attend and participate in regularly scheduled planning and forecasting meetings with vendors, Supply Chain Planner and Planning and Supply Chain Manager.
- Provide current stock reports to managers and partners as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong MRP purchasing or planning experience with Tier one or Tier two ERP systems.
- Proficient in MS Office products required, especially Excel and Access
- Proven analytical skills.
- Proven ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to work independently
- Demonstrated expertise in product configuration business processes including bills of material, engineering change order approval and implementation.
- Comfortable conversing and communicating with suppliers, manufacturing personnel and sales both in house and at external suppliers and print partners.
- 4 year BA/BS preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in supply chain field, including purchasing, procurement, inventory management.
- Previous management or leadership experience preferred.
- Strong preference for previous experience in product configuration management role. APICS certification preferred, or actively working toward certification.
- Exhibits passion by continuously striving for the best possible outcomes.
- Shows commitment through execution of responsibilities regardless of the challenges posed
- Adapts to new circumstances readily and supports change
- Fosters trust by communicating openly and acting with integrity
- Possesses an entrepreneurial nature by imagining what is possible and taking ownership of outcomes.