The primary responsibility of this position is the planning and implementation of the movement of raw materials necessary to support sales forecasts, production and inventory objectives. This person will assume responsibility for purchasing of critical raw materials, kitting requirements and packaging supplies. This position will also be responsible for optimizing purchasing plans, finding material savings by presenting material design or reduction options for review, approval and implementation.
- Analyze, plan and issue purchase & job orders to meet forecasted demand plans, for all locations as well as within a third party, subcontract supplier environment per approved forecast or purchase requisition. Make inventory purchases independently up to $10,000 spending limit.
- An ability to adjust purchasing needs based on actual performance against forecast, current and/or past utilization trends.
- Setup SKU’s, Kanban’s, Suppliers and initial procurement for new product launches.
- Plan and direct envelope pack production
- Consumption maintenance
- Ensure product inventory is balanced to meet customer demand, adjusting as necessary when production parts move between plants.
- Actively manage disposition of slow moving & obsolete inventories, managing RTV’s for both material non-conformances and routine supply returns and SMOS. Identify and implement repurposing plans to help relieve excess inventory.
- Manage inventory to KPI’s that will be developed H2 2017
- Resolve discrepancies between purchase order commitment and receiving or billing amounts.
- Attend and participate in regularly scheduled planning and forecasting meetings with vendors, other Facilities, Supply Chain Managers and Operations
- Provide current stock reports to managers and partners as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong MRP purchasing or planning experience with Tier one or Tier two ERP systems.
- Proficient in MS Office products required, especially Excel and Access
- Proven analytical skills.
- Proven ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to work independently
- Demonstrated expertise in product configuration business processes including bills of material, engineering change order approval and implementation.
- Comfortable conversing and communicating with suppliers, manufacturing personnel and sales both in house and at external suppliers and print partners.
- 4 year BA/BS preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in supply chain field, including purchasing, procurement, inventory management.
- Previous management or leadership experience preferred.
- Strong preference for previous experience in product configuration management role. APICS certification preferred, or actively working toward certification.
- Exhibits passion by continuously striving for the best possible outcomes.
- Shows commitment through execution of responsibilities regardless of the challenges posed
- Adapts to new circumstances readily and supports change
- Fosters trust by communicating openly and acting with integrity
- Possesses an entrepreneurial nature by imagining what is possible and taking ownership of outcomes.